- 1/2 package Jimmy Dean Reduced Fat Sausage (6 ounces)
- 6 slices whole wheat bread, cubed into ¾ inch pieces
- 3 Eggs + 6 Egg Whites*
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1.5 cups 2% shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Maple syrup, if desired
1. Brown sausage in skillet until cooked; drain.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla until well blended.
3. In a separate bowl, mix apples and cinnamon until well coated.
4. In a greased 9x13in baking dish, place half of the bread cubes followed by half the sausage, half the apples, and ¾ cup cheese. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
5. Pour egg mixture over the layers making sure to evenly coat.
6. Place in fridge and refrigerate overnight.
7. In the morning, preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake uncovered for 55-60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into 6 even pieces served topped with a drizzle of maple syrup/agave syrup if desired.
*You can buy carton of liquid egg whites to avoid throwing away yolks
Calories: 366, Total Fat: 14.5g, Total Carbs: 30.2g, Protein: 27.4g, Dietary Fiber: 4g (16% DV)
This recipe provides:
16g Fat, 1 Grain serving, 1 Fruit serving, 2 ounces Meat, 1.5 Dairy servings